The DP World Southampton terminal covers an area of more than 80 hectares, all situated within its own secure compound. Huge amounts of investment have gone into bigger cranes, deeper berths, an expanded fleet of terminal vehicles, and upgraded IT systems. Development plans are also in hand to increase the terminal’s capacity in line with customer demand.
- 1.35 km of deepwater quay (up to 16 metres depth alongside)
- Accommodates vessels up to 400 metres in length
- 15 quayside cranes with state of the art super post panamax capability (24 wide).
- Fleet of flexible straddle carriers.
- Choice of two rail operators – DB Cargo and Freightliner
- 22 trains a day to key inland destinations
- Excellent motorway connections
- Average sub 30 minute turnround of trucks
- Connected to 34 ports throughout Asia, including five weekly calls from Hong Kong and Singapore and four weekly calls from Shanghai
- A weekly service from the Indian subcontinent, taking in the ports of Mumbai, Karachi and Dubai
- A weekly service to the North American ports, calling New York, Norfolk and Charleston
- Regular, scheduled feeder connections with Ireland, Scotland and mainland Europe
- ISO 28000
- ISO 9001:2008
- OHSAS 18001