The DP World Southampton terminal covers an area of almost 100 hectares, all situated within its own secure compound.
Huge amounts of investment have gone into bigger cranes, deeper berths, an expanded fleet of terminal vehicles, and upgraded IT systems.
- 1.35 km of deepwater quay (up to 16 metres depth alongside)
- Accommodates vessels up to 400 metres in length
- 15 quayside cranes with state of the art super post panamax capability (24 wide).
- Fleet of flexible straddle carriers.
- Choice of two rail operators – DB Cargo and Freightliner
- 22 trains a day to key inland destinations
- Excellent motorway connections
- Average sub 35 minute turnround of trucks
- Connected to major ports throughout Asia, including four weekly calls from Hong Kong, five from Shanghai and six weekly calls from Singapore
- A weekly service from the Indian subcontinent, taking in the ports of Mumbai, Karachi and Dubai
- A weekly service to the North American ports, calling New York, Norfolk and Charleston
- Regular, scheduled feeder connections with Ireland, Scotland and mainland Europe
- ISO 28000 - Security
- ISO 9001 - Quality
- OHSAS 18001- Occupational Health and Safety
- AEOS - Security and Safety
- ISO 14001 - Environment